[iRail] iRail promotion

Yeri Tiete yeri at tiete.be
Wed Oct 6 19:30:25 UTC 2010

Hey,

I've started to notice a decrease again in mobile website hits on iRail.be, which made Pieter and I start to think about ways to promote iRail (and BeTrains apps), both website to mainstream users and perhaps the API to developers (other sites, widgets, ...).

I'd like to take this opportunity to discuss other ways to promote our work amongst potential users, and target small or bigger groups of users.

I was thinking about;

- media (tech sites? mobile review sites?)
- fora (which?)
- events (see Christophe's previous mail)
- ads on paper ? (flyers are so 1995 and not web2.0)
- ...

Budget for this is to be discussed. Of course, the cheaper (free), the better, however, if you have a zomgwtf idea which might be costly, don't hesitate to discuss it anyway. We'll see what we can and can't do.

I'm very interested in feedback from "generic" users as well. How great is iRail.be actually? BeTrains for Android seems to be doing great looking at the stats, but our website (with its new features released the past few days) hasn't gotten a lot of attention or feedback.

Thanks

--
Kind regards,
Yeri Tiete