[iRail] iphone app screenshots

Ah-Lun Tang ahluntang at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 07:01:07 UTC 2010

Hey,

looks nice, a refreshing design, nice chat feature, will be funny, but I
have to say, as someone who travels daily with the train, i rarely use the
route planner option of the app, there seems to be a very handy feature
missing. A section where there is an overview of your saved train stations
which will automatically load the upcoming trains for that station when you
load the app. Currently I'm using the quite old TreinBelgie app for over a
year, which has this feature as startup screen:
http://www.wasabi-apps.com/trein-belgie/screenshots.php , you can see it on
"Stations", "Vertrektijden" and "Trein tijden" image. This is very handy if
you are on route to a train station and want a fast overview of the train
times when you start the app and you can quickly see and whether you will
make it or not, like if there are delays of your train, where the train is
or other changes. In the first image, you can see one train station marked
in blue, that one is generated automatically using the geolocation of the
iPhone. And some items are marked in red so you can quickly see if there are
any platform changes etc. I think the route planner is more for trains you
rarely take, and you don't know which train to take and where to change
trains, because the planner takes more time.

PS: @Louis, could you get the app working on your iPhone?

Ah-Lun