[iRail] Commuters' strike

Koen Delvaux delvauxkoen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 05:43:34 UTC 2010

Commutere strike initiative is doomed to fail:
Bad communication, bad activism and too much effort demanded from the
participant.

BUT

Idea for press release:

Irail organises virtual commuters strike

Besides the commuters strike, there is also a virtual strike. People who use
the irail.be application daily to know if their train wil be arriving on
time will see a "virtual strike" button in their application on the day of
the commuters strike. With this button, users can express their desire to go
on strike against the union actions of nmbs/sncb.
The virtual strike has been organised on popular request of the irail users.
The irail team expects that as much as 60% of their users will participate
in the virtual strike.
By organising this action, the team behind irail wants to express their
sympathy with customers who are disgrunted by the latest actions from
nmbs/sncb unions.

If you think this is feasible I think it can get some press attention if we
seed it. Details have to be looked up (is it on monday? Is it against unions
or against sncb/nmbs? I didn't quite follow :))

Greets,

Koen