[iRail] Knowing each mobile developper.

flo orangeman at teleportr.org
Sun Sep 26 09:50:34 UTC 2010

Hi iRailers,

sorry for replying late
teleportR is still on the list too
http://prezi.com/yncpr7onnibd/teleportr
we are android-only and no other OSes intended.

> * Are you working on your own client
>   or would you like to work with me on an
>   unified UI + application Name? - to be defined -

Yes I would very very much like to work together on this and not
reinvent the wheel.
The focus of teleportR is a little different: kind of a multi-modal
mobility-browser that helps compare different means of transportation
like bikerental, carsharing, hitchhiking and transit. It uses the
inter-application-integration capabilities on the android platform to
communicate with and hand over to other more specialized apps for trip
details and further travel execution. BETrains could eg hook in via
Intent-API (ipc) with train shedules (dep, arr, price, pendingIntent)
and the user would then jump directly into the detailed route
description with exact instructions, platforms, etc and chat.. If
someone already knows and decided that train is the way to go he would
of course use BETrains right from the start. Quickly looking up
timetables is not the usecase of teleportR but comparing available
travel options and different modes of transportation. We planned on
implementing the iRail API as a plugin but are still working on the
core. Integration with full-featured BETrain would of course be much
better. Overall iRail is a great ambition and I'm really excited on
the outcomes of your talks to NMBS!
I hope this answers your questions. Please let me know if/how we could
work more together. I would be happy to join BETrains development or
otherwise help out somehow somewhere..

all the best wishes!
flo

http://twitter.com/teleporter