[iRail] APIv1.1

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at gmail.com
Tue Mar 8 18:44:02 UTC 2011

Dear Communitah,

I have been writing code; In fact I've rewritten the entire stack behind
the iRail API. The code now is extensible for inputs (can handle
different companies) and is extensible for outputs (you can add your own
outputmethod in no time.). Supported output methods at this time: json,
jsonp and xml. Supported inputs are: NMBS and I'm working on MIVB. De
Lijn is coming soon as well.

The new API code needs to be tested on http://dev.api.irail.be

PLEASE TEST YOUR APPS ON THIS API AND FILL IN THIS DOODLE:
http://www.doodle.com/3bschxxv9z6k9vp3

Changelog:
----------

 * add «&system=company» to your request to get the API responses for
other companies. Default remains NMBS (STIB won't work at this moment,
you'll have to use the Flemish name MIVB. If you don't like this, feel
free to hack this in)

 * MIVB status: liveboard and stations kind of work

 * the liveboard call for the NMBS will return the information for the
next hour. This was not like this by default until now.

Additions to the json:
 * stationinfo: in each call this will contain more information about a
station
 * platforminfo: more information about the station
 * the Liveboard bug if only 1 train arriving for json has been fixed
 * the array bug in json has been fixed

Next steps:
 * End of the week I want to see this new API code go public
 * After next week APIv1.1 will be frozen and will get the "stable" flag
 * I'll start coding APIv2.0 and ask feedback on specification
 * MIVB will get coded in meantime

Pieter
--
iRail vzw/asbl