[iRail] Apps For Ghent - Competition!

Tim Besard tim.besard at gmail.com
Fri May 6 16:26:25 UTC 2011

> Tim Besard and Yeri Tiete (as I'm organising the event I'm limited in
> participating) will participate as the iRail-team at Apps For Ghent.

When did I give up my free will? ;-)

> We've had some ideas yet:
>  * Making an iRail stats page for Ghent Dampoort and Sint Pieters which
> shows the delay of the trains in function of time for the past months

I've got the data for this, generated from a periodic (every 120
seconds) dump of the liveboard for some popular stations: Ghent Sint
Pieters, Antwerp, Brussels, Charleroi, Liège... and Kortrijk. Unless
anybody would have a use for the raw data (1 row per liveboard entry,
between 300k and 1.5m rows per station over the last 2 months or so)
I'm thinking of publishing an SQLite dump containing a condensed view
(1 row per departure, detailing the maximal delay and latest
platform).

Tim