[iRail] BeRoads

Quentin Kaiser kaiserquentin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 18:07:15 UTC 2012

2012/4/11 Pieter Colpaert <pieter at irail.be>

> Hi everyone,
>
> Apparently http://beroads.com has launched. I think it would be great if
> we provided some feedback.

That's right and yeah, any feedback is welcome ;-)

> My feedback:
>  * Hide .php

Done

>  * m.beroads.com is so old fashioned. Put site at beroads.com in
> about.beroads.com as this is not the most important thing, and but
> m.beroads.com on beroads.com.

Good idea, I think I'm gonna do it like irail.be. Mobile website on
beroads.com and current beroads.com on projects.beroads.com

>  * Let us help with your i18n. Your Dutch translations are not well
> translated

 You can pull a request on files like this
https://github.com/BeRoads/Mobile/blob/master/locales/nl.json and I will
merge it immediatly !

 * It's a small effort to keep us up to date when you launch something.
> Help us communicate by first informing us and take care of these things.
> We were a little shocked by the e-mail which stated that this was all
> made possible by iRail, to very important people (we saw this as all
> recipients were in the "to:"), which contained a lot of mistakes. These
> are small things which make the difference between a professional
> product and a product made by a couple of amateur students.

That wasn't our best move... And I want to apologize about it. So, dear
iRailers, sorry !

> For the rest, great job! We're trying to get data feeds from traffic
> centers in Belgium right now and iRail hopes to contribute better data
> sets in the near future.

Thanks, I'm convinced that we can make great things together if I stopped
acting like a amateur student without communication skills :D

> Kind regards,

Cheers !

> Pieter

Quentin