[iRail] Slashdot news about Google and Public transportation data...

Pieter Colpaert pieter at iRail.be
Sun Mar 4 00:51:37 UTC 2012

Hi David,

Sorry for my late response but thanks for you mail. This is very relevant!

I don't agree however. In Europe this doesn't work at all and I don't
believe google maps will keep growing as more and more companies are
moving away from it.

For how long will GTFS be the de facto standard? The are a lot of issues
with it and there is a great dissatisfaction amongst public transport
companies with the way Google treats them.

I do believe open transport data in general can make a real change in
how people plan their trips.

Kind regards,

Pieter

On 02/22/2012 08:25 PM, David Glaude wrote:
> I don't know if this is relevant to you:
> http://tech.slashdot.org/story/12/02/21/2258215/how-google-is-remapping-public-transportation
> http://www.xconomy.com/san-francisco/2012/02/21/google-transit-a-search-giant-remaps-public-transportation/?single_page=true
>
> David Glaude

iRail vzw/asbl