[iRail] Geo location resolving on the iRail servers

Pieter Colpaert pieter at iRail.be
Mon Mar 17 13:06:02 UTC 2014

Hi all,

In Flanders, CRAB became open data. This is the database of all the
addresses and their longitude / latitude. We have even put this on
github in CSV files:

https://github.com/xivk/crab-tools/tree/master/crab_csv

Would someone be interested in writing a webservice with for instance
The DataTank or a tool of choice, which translates an address in a
longitude/latitude, and which converts a longitude/latitude into a human
readable address?

http://thedatatank.com

If there's someone willing to code it, we will install it on the iRail
servers and make it a public service which everyone can use.

Kind regards,

Pieter