[iRail] iRail API fixes coming soon

Pieter Colpaert pieter.colpaert at okfn.org
Mon Aug 17 11:33:32 UTC 2015

Hi all,

See the attachment - we're going to fix some issues with the API. Yet I
first want to warn you guys that these small changes are coming.

What changed?
  * We've upgraded our repo again a bit to how PHP should be used in
2015: better coding standards (although still lots of work has to be
done), better logging, ...
  * We've made it easier to contribute! You can now run and test your
own server by cloning everything, running composer install and run this
command: php -S localhost:8080 -t api. And that's it. Nothing more to be
done!
  * We've fixed a severe issue with the iso8601 timestamps:
https://github.com/iRail/iRail/issues/42 (also see screenshots)
  * We've moved away from maintaining 2 station lists. Right now, the
only source for stations is https://github.com/iRail/stations. This
means a couple of station ids will change as they were not the same (I
estimate about 8 stations) and a lot of international stations will be
added.

For a full list of changes, check our git log:
https://github.com/iRail/iRail/commits/master

I'm currently awaiting your feedback and will proceed with updating it
online by the end of the week. The API will undoubtedly work faster and
will be more stable.

And on an unrelated note:
https://twitter.com/digitalagendaBE/status/633181626881699840 - spread
the word :)