[iRail] iRail API fixes coming soon

Yeri Tiete yeri at flatturtle.com
Mon Aug 17 11:43:04 UTC 2015

Super! well done!

--
Kind regards,
Yeri Tiete
FlatTurtle

 Avenue du port, 86c - 18, 1000 Brussels
 m: +32 (0) 472 30 00 90
 t:   +32 (0) 2 669 1001
 f:   +32 (0) 2 669 1002

On 17 Aug 2015 at 13:33:51, Pieter Colpaert (pieter.colpaert at okfn.org) wrote:

Hi all,

See the attachment - we're going to fix some issues with the API. Yet I
first want to warn you guys that these small changes are coming.

What changed?
* We've upgraded our repo again a bit to how PHP should be used in
2015: better coding standards (although still lots of work has to be
done), better logging, ...
* We've made it easier to contribute! You can now run and test your
own server by cloning everything, running composer install and run this
command: php -S localhost:8080 -t api. And that's it. Nothing more to be
done!
* We've fixed a severe issue with the iso8601 timestamps:
https://github.com/iRail/iRail/issues/42 (also see screenshots)
* We've moved away from maintaining 2 station lists. Right now, the
only source for stations is https://github.com/iRail/stations. This
means a couple of station ids will change as they were not the same (I
estimate about 8 stations) and a lot of international stations will be
added.

For a full list of changes, check our git log:
https://github.com/iRail/iRail/commits/master

I'm currently awaiting your feedback and will proceed with updating it
online by the end of the week. The API will undoubtedly work faster and
will be more stable.

And on an unrelated note:
https://twitter.com/digitalagendaBE/status/633181626881699840 - spread
the word :)