[iRail] Fw: Linode maintenance [Ticket#1075061]

Yeri Tiete yeri at irail.be
Tue Oct 20 15:09:06 UTC 2015

FYI - iRail to be down 22-10 at 23h00 CET for ~30 to ~120 minutes.

--
Yeri Tiete

On 20 October 2015 at 16:01:21, Skyscrapers (service at skyscrapers.eu) wrote:

We manage one or more Linode server instances for you. Part of our job is communicating to you maintenance notices from upstream providers.

Linode recently let us know that they need to perform an urgent update on the software layer that manages your server(s). This is needed to ensure ongoing security.

This means that your server(s) will be unavailable for a short time. Linode claims a maximum of up to 2 hours, but in our experience, the downtime for this kind of updates is usually limited to 20-30 minutes.

The updates for your instance(s) are scheduled at the following times. Linode indicated that due to the urgency, these cannot be changed. We will monitor these reboots and intervene if needed.

Date	Time (CET)	Server
22-10-2015	23:00:00	irail-web02

You can read more about what is going on at Linode on this link.

As always, do not hesitate to get in touch with us should you have any questions or want to know how to architect to minimise downtime for events like these. Unless you reply to this email, this ticket will automatically close within 24 hours.
Regards,

Frederik

You might be interested in:

We are looking for colleagues!