[iRail] Launching spitsgids: providing you with a seat during rush hours

Pieter Colpaert pieter at iRail.be
Mon Apr 18 13:43:17 UTC 2016

Hey all,

iRail and TreinTramBus are happy to announce a new collaboration: we are
going to estimate how busy your train is, and we're going to publish
this as a new open data API for everyone!

We need your help however... We want to hire a student to capture the
know-how of TreinTramBus in code, and to code the necessary features
into an API, and as well to get this feature in Railer, iRail.be and
BeTrains. Open Summer of code (formerly iRail Summer of code) is the
perfect event to hire, train and coach this student.

Lacking the financial capacity, we thought we could crowd-fund this.
Want to prove us right? Join us at https://spitsgids.be

Kind regards,

Evelien and Pieter

P.S. Datanews/Knack/Le Vif is already writing about us:
http://datanews.knack.be/ict/nieuws/treintrambus-en-irail-willen-overvolle-treinen-voorspellen/article-normal-692899.html