[iRail] Launching spitsgids: providing you with a seat during rush hours

David Glaude david.glaude at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 04:41:51 UTC 2016

Summer is not the right time to evaluate how busy are the train...
Le 18 avr. 2016 15:43, "Pieter Colpaert" <pieter at irail.be> a écrit :

Hey all,

iRail and TreinTramBus are happy to announce a new collaboration: we are
going to estimate how busy your train is, and we're going to publish this
as a new open data API for everyone!

We need your help however... We want to hire a student to capture the
know-how of TreinTramBus in code, and to code the necessary features into
an API, and as well to get this feature in Railer, iRail.be and BeTrains.
Open Summer of code (formerly iRail Summer of code) is the perfect event to
hire, train and coach this student.

Lacking the financial capacity, we thought we could crowd-fund this. Want
to prove us right? Join us at https://spitsgids.be

Kind regards,

Evelien and Pieter

P.S. Datanews/Knack/Le Vif is already writing about us:
http://datanews.knack.be/ict/nieuws/treintrambus-en-irail-willen-overvolle-treinen-voorspellen/article-normal-692899.html