[iRail] Looking for oSoc17 students and partners

Pieter Colpaert pieter at iRail.be
Sat Feb 4 12:15:35 UTC 2017

Hi all,

You probably know we’re organizing, since 2011 already, open Summer of
code, where we hire up to 30 students to work on open source projects.

See http://2017.summerofcode.be if you wonder why you haven’t heard
about this before :)

Today, we’re looking for students to hire! Thanks to OASIS, a 50% grant
from the European Commission Open Knowledge Belgium received (check
https://oasis.team), we will be able to hire a small team of students
this year again on predicting how busy your train will be.

Latest status update of Spitsgids in a small video from a talk I gave at
Data Beers Brussels: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU16dT3TVAs

To that extent: if you’d be a student willing to join this team, we’re
still looking for a front-ender/UX-er, looking for a transport
scientist, a back-ender and maybe someone who want to take the lead on
the communication strategy.

https://twitter.com/iRail/status/827837883008610304

If you would be a company who would like to support iRail financially
(we still only have 50% of the money needed for this team), please let
us know as well! We’d love to talk to you whether we can add something
that also suits your needs.

https://irail.be/app

Kind regards,

Pieter