[kforge-dev] windows problem creating database

Nikolas Bowe nbowe at infinite-interactive.com
Tue Aug 15 05:19:29 UTC 2006

Thanks for your feadback Rufus.

> Looking at your db dump it seems it seems that the last thing that
> work was createStates suggesting the problem is in createRoles. Why
> not try putting some debug code in there and seeing what happens to
> narrow the problem down.

I put some prints in. turns out its in createProtectionObjects() in command/initialise.py.
the very first time it tries to call self.registry.protectionObjects.create() it gets this exception.

this call eventually gets to ProtectionObject::initialise in core/dom/accesscontrol.py
but it fails at
    self.permissions.create(action)
on the first action.

I dont really know where to go from here. Is there some way i can get a stack trace at the point the exception is thrown?