[kforge-dev] more KForge uri_prefix problems

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Wed Aug 22 22:33:28 UTC 2007

So the problem is that when several KForge www configs are included in a
single virtual host, the directive 'PythonInterpreter
kforge_interpreter' guarantees a big mess.

I think we don't need this directive to be set by KForge. By default
different virtual hosts seem to have well separated Python interpreters,
even with the kforge_interpreter name directive.

With several KForge services stacked up in the same v. host, I need to
set 'PythonInterpPerDirective On' in the v. host config that includes
the various KForge www configs, and have it override the default
mod_python (for everything to run in a subinterpreter named after the
server name).

I'll check, but I don't think this will interfere with Trac's
main_interpreter directive, as that just means 'run me in the first
interpreter, not any of the subinterpreters', and PythonInterpreter
directives override the default. All the PythonInterpPerDirective On
does is change the default to having one interpreter per directive, from
the 'default' default of one per v. host. So KForge gets an interpreter
per service, and Trac stays in the main interpreter.

I'll make the change if you agree.

Best wishes,

John.