[kforge-dev] Changeset : [major]: change to new url layout system using new Routes based UrlScheme ...
admin at okfn.org
Wed Jun 27 16:27:29 UTC 2007
[major]: change to new url layout system using new Routes based [UrlScheme?] object.
Rather than list all changes we note the major ones and special cases:
* Completely overhaul kforge.url and replace UrlBuilder* ([UrlBuilderAdmin?], [UrlBuilderProject?]) with new [UrlScheme?] object that uses Routes
* We ensure new scheme is backwards compatible
* Update all users of [UrlBuilderProject?] to use [UrlScheme?]
* Update apacheconfig to use [UrlScheme?] when generating apache config
* This necessitates a major change to apache config generation: in new system just generate file that will be included in virtual host rather than full virtual host
* WARNING: have not yet updated media vhost links as these are hardcoded in templates to use a distinct media host location
* Update all of django.apps.kui.test code to use [UrlScheme?].url_for (except admin items)
* WARNING: however have not updated most of django system because:
* (minor) django uses its own regex based system that is hard to integrate with new approach
* (major and main reason) currently a very large number of url pathes are hard-coded in templates and in views.
* 8 tests currently failing all for reasons unrelated to this change (4 in kforge.handlers, one due to lack of local smtp support, one due to bad local apache config and 2 from django.apps.kui.test.admin.domainObject which are yet to be resolved).
* remove unused tests in kforge/django/apps/kui/test/service.py
More information about the kforge-dev