[kforge-dev] KForge v0.13: planning the next release

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftwarefoundation.org
Tue May 22 10:20:24 UTC 2007

Rufus Pollock wrote:

> The KForge v0.13 milestone currently has an assigned release date of
> 2007/06/30 (end of June):
>
> http://p.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/milestone/v0.13
>
> That page also provides links to the all the assigned tickets.
>
> Are people setting this as the provisional release date? Are their
> additional tickets that should be in there that aren't?

I'm not sure... I'm happy with what is in there, but would also be happy
for other things to be included.

> I also note that we would probably want to sync the release of v0.2 of
> domain model with the release of a new version of kforge. (We should
> also have a KForge ticket dealing specifically with upgrade for which
> it would be useful what domainmodel/db changes have been introduced
> since 0.1).

Yes, let's release dm v0.2 at the same time...

I know it doesn't really answer the question, but perhaps the most
important new feature is automatic data migration, which means we're
getting very mobile in respect of application/service development (in
that we can change stuff and upgrade very rapidly).

Most of the data migration code is in ScanBooker at the moment, but it
will be moved into DomainModel.

But it is functionally equivalent to having somebody read data from an
old system, and enter it into the fill-in forms of an upgraded version,
according to some migration plan.

Should save lots of time, and so allow other things to be achieved.

Best wishes,

John.