[kforge-dev] proposal: remove Routes from KForge

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Sep 16 13:37:05 UTC 2008

On 11/09/08 19:26, John Bywater wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to propose that we don't need to use Routes in KForge.
> We've just got a very static resource location map, and we can improve
> the stability of KForge (and reduce the testing requirements) by
> replacing Routes with a simple lookup table.

A big -1 here. Please can we stick with routes. Routes does what it does
nicely and writing our own module to do (pretty much the same thing)
does not make sense. It also has a few features that could make it
useful in the future (e.g. subdomain generation etc).

> If I don't hear any objections, I'll do this at the next opportunity.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> John.
>
> PS I've got a green bar again with those tests running against Routes
> 1.7. But that doesn't feel very satisfactory to me.

What exactly what failing with Routes 1.9? It should not be hard to fix
this up.

~rufus

PS: I don't think we need to keep cc'ing this kforge-specific questions
to okfn-help ;)