[kforge-dev] more versions of dependencies

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Tue Sep 23 12:54:55 UTC 2008

Continuing to test releases with different versions of dependencies...

DJANGO

There are only two stable releases of Django:

0.96.3
1.0

KForge completely works with 0.96.3, and completely fails with Django
1.0 (released a few weeks ago).

We never tried to make it work with 1.0 and there are quite a lot of
changes, so I don't expect this gap will be easily closed.

SQLOBJECT

There are lots of recent stable releases of SQLObject.
http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.4/S/SQLObject/

So far I've written tests for domainmodel against these versions:

0.7.10
0.8.7
0.9.0
0.9.1
0.9.2
0.9.3
0.9.4
0.9.5
0.9.6
0.9.7
0.10.0
0.10.1
0.10.2

Domainmodel fails with 0.9.0 and 0.9.1 (looks like SQLObject is a bit
broken in these earlier versions, so I'm not sure whether it's worth
fixing, will review).

All others versions pass. Will fill in the 0.8. and 0.7. series soon.
But I won't get into the 0.6. series.

Test codes are here:
http://project.kforge.appropriatesoftware.net/foundation/trac/browser/trunk/src/foundation/systems/domainmodeltest.py
http://project.kforge.appropriatesoftware.net/foundation/trac/browser/trunk/src/foundation/systems/kforgetest.py
http://project.kforge.appropriatesoftware.net/foundation/trac/browser/trunk/src/foundation/systems/base.py

Next thing I guess is getting the KForge plugin testing working. Would
like to repeat the above for different Tracs. But that means firstly
automating deployment of KForge with an explicit version of Trac. Then
declaring tests for a series of Trac versions. Have got much of this
done already, but I don't think I'll do it this afternoon.

J.

--
Appropriate Software Foundation
http://appropriatesoftware.net