[kforge-dev] Weird DB error on session lookup

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jan 8 18:29:46 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:37 PM, John Bywater
<john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net> wrote:
> Rufus Pollock wrote:

[snip]

>> The last line 'syntax error at or near WHERE ...' looks like some
>> issue in the db layer related to looking up sessions. I've already
>> spent a bit of time trying to track this down without success. Any
>> ideas at your end?
>>

> Sometimes SQLObject can fail to construct a valid SQL query, but I don't see
> why the find() method would fail in this way when retrieving a Session by
> key. Especially intermittently.

Yes it is odd and seems specific to accessing the trac part of the site ...

> Can you find the full SQL query in the log? I suspect it ends with "WHERE",
> that there isn't any condition, and so it doesn't execute.

I can't find the full SQL query in the log (it was one of the things
I'd looked for before writing). To get the query in the log do I need
to set debug level in the kforge log to 'DEBUG'?

> Is it intermittent? Is this happening only following your recent upgrade?

1. Intermittency: yes and no. It appears to regularly happen on access
to trac sites but once it has happened once in a given firefox session
it does not happen again (perhaps cookie is established, or
credentials are being cached in FF ...). For example if I today visit:

http://project.knowledgeforge.net/domainmodel/trac/ticket/25

No error appears in the log and I'm not prompted for a login in FF
(I've had closed and reopened FF since yesterday).

2. Looking back through the logs it appears this sort of error has
been happening since before the recent upgrade.

Regards,

Rufus