[kforge-dev] Releasing KForge v0.16

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Wed Jun 3 22:52:55 UTC 2009

With those Routes changes, all my release tests are now passing... :-)
The new releases of SQLObject also seem to work fine (have added release
tests).

Rufus Pollock wrote:
> OK. I'll also do Freshmeat etc. Can you let me know when you have done
> the PyPI stuff.

That's done now. I've uploaded both the new package information and the
new sdist .tar.gz files, which have been tested intensively today.

Other issues:

1. There are no .egg files at the moment. If you want to make the .egg
files, it's probably most correct to do that from the uploaded sdist
.tar.gz.

2. Running "sudo easy_install kforge" reports that kforgeproject.net
isn't available. That was an error in the 0.10 info, which I've fixed.

3. I also didn't tag the repository. The version increment marks the
spot accurately, if tagging is needed (or otherwise desired) we can
still do that.

4. Are there too many bin files in the release?
"""
Installing kforge-gforge-migrate.py script to /usr/bin
Installing kforge-auto-deploy script to /usr/bin
Installing kforge-integrationtest-loader script to /usr/bin
Installing kforge-admin script to /usr/bin
Installing kforge-test script to /usr/bin
Installing kforge-sdist-maker script to /usr/bin
Installing kforge-integrationtest script to /usr/bin
Installing kforge-test-nose script to /usr/bin
Installing kforge-makeconfig script to /usr/bin
"""

5. We (at least I) only need 'kforge-admin' and 'kforge-test'.

6. Stable versions of KForge and DomainModel are now 0.16 and 0.6.

7. Development versions of KForge and DomainModel are now 0.17 and 0.7.

Bye for now,

John.