[kforge-user] Can KForge be installed in Plesk preinstalled server?

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Wed Aug 8 21:37:41 UTC 2007

Dear Nguyen,

I'm sorry for not apologising earlier, but since it is a cliche that
open source developers are constantly apologising for not having done
things, I'm hope you don't mind too much. :-)

Anyway, we're nearly ready to release KForge 0.13, but would like a some
nice, helpful people to install the current latest versions of Provide
and KForge, and give us feedback on your experience.

Would you be able to do this?

I can help you with any difficulties you may have.

I sent an email about installing Provide earlier today:
http://lists.okfn.org/pipermail/kforge-user/2007-August/000119.html

It's basically a matter of downloading and running this installer:
http://appropriatesoftware.net/provide/docs/provide-provide-0.2b1

But you need to setup a database user. To keep things clean, we are
recommending you create a 'provide' user for this purpose.

Anyway, all the details are in the Provide installation instructions:
http://project.kforge.appropriatesoftware.net/provide/svn/trunk/INSTALL

Please do let us know how you get on!

Very best wishes,

John.

PS To remove Provide, just delete the provide-0.2b1 database (dropdb for
Postgres) and remove (rm -rf) the directory called 'provided' which is
created at the start of the Provide installation.