[kforge-user] Re: Missing MoinMoin Service

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Feb 2 11:24:31 UTC 2007

Apologies for the delay in responding Ty, comments below.

tyju tiui wrote:
> On a whim, I just tried adding the service from the admin page and it
> worked?
> Is this is default behavior for all plugins? The trac and svn plugins
> were initialized automatically.

Yes this is a good point. Not all plugins are initialized automatically
because your system might not support them. On this basis it would
probably be better to initialize *no* plugins by default and provide
clear instructions in the INSTALL doc that you then need to enable the
plugins you want.

> Anyways, something is not quite right with the moin setup (perhaps
> because I did it incorrectly).
> After creating a moin service for my test project I get the following
> error when I try to visit the wiki:
>
> data_dir "/org/mywiki/data" does not exists, or has incorrect ownership
> or permissions.
>
> Make sure the directory and the subdirectory pages are owned by the web
> server and are readable, writable and executable by the web server user
> and group.
>
> It is recommended to use absolute paths and not relative paths. Check
> also the spelling of the directory name.
>

> I looked in /etc/moin and found (2) config files, but again, I'm
> hesitant to mess with the config because I don't know what kforge wants
> / needs?
>
> It creates the structure in the project_data directory just fine, but
> after that I am lost.

I'll respond to this issue in my reply to your subsequent email.

Regards,

Rufus