[kforge-user] svnadmin: Can't open file '/root/.subversion/servers'

Gunnar Johansson info at gunnar-johansson.se
Tue Feb 13 10:23:18 UTC 2007

On 2/12/07, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:

> Have you seen:
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2004-12/0498.shtml
>
> In particular:
>
> <quote>
> If you create configuration files outside the /etc directory which
> mod_dav_svn or apache httpd needs to read you must change the security
> context type to etc_t with the command 'chcon -t etc_t <file path>'
> </quote>
>
> I know this is about FC3 but assume there might be similar issues with
> current RHEL. Also, don't think giving httpd appropriate read
> permissions on /root/.subversion is that dangerous (just don't give
> permissions on /root generally!)

Thanks for the hint, but we're running a pretty old version of RHEL which
doesn't have SELinux, so no luck there. An odd (or promising?) thing is that
I've tried out another web based svn manager (
http://svnmanager.sourceforge.net/) which basically executes "svnadmin
create..." through php. And this works fine.  This leads me to believe that
there are differences in the way php and python execute shell commands. I
don't have time to investigate this further this week, but will get back to
you if I find a solution to it.

Note also, that executing "trac-admin <path> initenv.." through KForge works
fine, though the parameter list has changed in recent versions of trac (you
need to specify the repository type "svn" as an additional parameter).

Thanks,
Gunnar

Regards,