[kforge-user] Newbie here - howto config using sqlite?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 01:38:06 UTC 2007

On Tuesday 16 January 2007 6:39 am, John Bywater wrote:
> Hey Neal,
>
> My take on this is that sqlite is not supported by kforge-0.12. Although
> other databases that follow the DRN mentioned
> (dbtype://dbusername:dbpassword@dbhost/dbname) will probably work, AFAIK
> KForge has not been tested on anything other than postgres.
>
> So the release note "Support for databases other than postgresql
> including mysql" is both too general and too optimistic.
>
> Instead, I think the KForge developers need to create and maintain a
> list of supported databases, take each commonly used database system in
> turn and check KForge can work with it. Then, add that name to the list,
> and mention additions in the release notes.
>
> If you would like to pair up with me, to make KForge work with sqlite, I
> would be very happy.
>
> But if you don't want to be annoyed with such development work, and just
> want to use KForge, I do understand. Naturally, not all users want to
> become developers. In this case, I hope the KForge developers can create
> a verified list of supported databases before kforge-0.13 is released.
>
> Best wishes,
>
> John.

Thanks for the reply.  I'm not ready to work on development of kforge at this
point because I don't even know anything about it yet.  I just wanted to play
around with it and see if I liked it.  But, I don't want to have to setup
(yet another) database for that.  I'm already annoyed enough that I had to
run mysql and learn a few basics of that in order to play with a number of
other web-related apps.

If nobody else tries it, and if I get really bored, I will give it a try - but
honestly I'd rather find out if I like it before investing a lot of time into
it.