[kforge-user] Re: Can KForge be installed in Plesk preinstalled server?

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Jul 19 18:51:54 UTC 2007

Dear Nguyen,

Great to hear you have root access via SSH to your server.

The best first step is to create a kforge user and install KForge within
that user's home directory. Then we can be sure that you won't disturb
Plesk, or anything else.

Unless you're in a big rush, I suggest you wait until next week when
KForge version 0.13 will be released. That will save you the trouble of
upgrading almost immediately. You will also have the option of managing
your KForge service with Provide, which means upgrading KForge in the
future will be trivial. But it's just an option.

Can you wait till next week?

Best wishes,

John.

--