[kforge-user] Questions about improvements needed :-)

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Jun 6 13:06:43 UTC 2007

Nicolas BLANC wrote:
> 	Hi all,
>
> 	I've posted a comment on the kforgeproject web site, about some
> improvements i need. Thx to Rufus for his answer (i try to convert our
> old svn server to mod_dav, it seems easyer than i had imagined). I'm
> very glad to know that the serach will be better in the near future :-)

Yes, the feature you requested (i.e. project search searches
descriptions as well as names) should not be very simple to implement.

> 	But now, there is one feature i need, which will not be  made quickly
> by our lovely kforge developpers i think. The 'tags' feature. I need
> this or my own purpose. So i plan to implement it with my team. I ask
> you to know how i can do this job with kforge's dev team... In order to
> give this feature, if i can make it working ? (if , as i think, you
> can't do it quickly ;-) )

We'll do our best to assist and if you do contribute your patch back
we'll look to integrate it in future releases.

> 	By 'tags feature', i mean what you can see on the mysql forge... Will
> be very usefull for us.

 From what I can see you would just like to be able to attach
keywords/tags to each project. Am I right?

> 	hope you can understand me, Thx in advance,
>
> Nicolas BLANC.
>
> PS: sorry for my poor english, i'm french, and my lessons are not
> finished yet ;-)

No problem -- it is good to hear from you.

Regards,

Rufus