[kforge-user] Hosting on single machine

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Jun 22 08:43:16 UTC 2007

John Bywater wrote:
> Rufus, Matthew, Christopher,
>
>>> I would really like to host a kforge site here at the MRC CBU, but
>>> getting aliased server names is very inconvenient.  And so, if
>>> possible, I'd like something like this:
>>>
>>> Home page: my.host.com/kforge
>>> Media: my.host.com/kforge/media or my.host.com/kforgemedia
>>> Project: my.host.com/kforge/myproject
>>> Project service my.host.com/kforge/myproject/repo
>>>
>>> Is that practical?  How would I go about it?
>>

>> This is our most requested item! It is also a ticket scheduled for
>> this milestone:
>>
>>   http://p.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/ticket/44
>>
>> Even better I'm currently in the middle of implementing it. Current
>> target release for kforge 0.13 which will include it is the end of June.
>

> Just wanted to check that this work includes Christopher Hesse's
> contribution, who submitted a single hostname patch in February 07.

Yes I've got that though as I'm trying to develop a solution that allows
customization and is backwards compatible (at least partially) with the
current setup and includes fixes to all the KUI tests the patch itself
is more of a starting point than a solution.

> I've previously forwarded the patch both to Rufus and to Matthew....
>
> Let's make sure we keep Christopher in the loop? I thought perhaps
> Matthew and Christopher could pair-up for this enhancement, but let's at
> least make sure that Christopher is happy with things?

Sure. I'm currently halfway through the major change and have got 90% of
the KUI tests working again ....

> Of course, I apologise for not having done anything with the patch
> myself in the last few months....

No problem.

~rufus