[kforge-user] http vs. https

Gunnar Johansson info at gunnar-johansson.se
Thu Oct 4 07:58:56 UTC 2007

Hi,

Yes, I currently redirect http to https in apache, which works
reasonably well. The only problem I have is that users get confused
when the svn repositories fail at http although it "says so on the
service page"  :-)

Anyway, I've never worked with python web apps before, but maybe this
can be something of value?
http://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/1276
http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2004-September/016452.html

Maybe one (uglier) option would be to use Django's HttpRequest object
to read SERVER_PORT and compare this to the ports given in the kforge
config.

Cheers,
Gunnar