[kforge-user] http vs. https

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Oct 4 11:05:27 UTC 2007

Gunnar Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, I currently redirect http to https in apache, which works
> reasonably well. The only problem I have is that users get confused
> when the svn repositories fail at http although it "says so on the
> service page"  :-)

Having moved to a single host in v0.13 I think we might be able to do
some more cleaning up which will simplify the url structure and allow
these urls to be generated correctly.

> Anyway, I've never worked with python web apps before, but maybe this
> can be something of value?
> http://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/1276
> http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2004-September/016452.html

That looks like it could be very useful. I'll continue investigating
what the best solution and will look to get a patch in for 0.15.

> Maybe one (uglier) option would be to use Django's HttpRequest object
> to read SERVER_PORT and compare this to the ports given in the kforge
> config.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

~rufus