[kforge-user] http vs. https

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Oct 4 11:10:48 UTC 2007

Gunnar Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Yes, I currently redirect http to https in apache, which works
> reasonably well. The only problem I have is that users get confused
> when the svn repositories fail at http although it "says so on the
> service page"  :-)

Yes, that's a problem, and we need to sort it out.

> Anyway, I've never worked with python web apps before, but maybe this
> can be something of value?
> http://trac.edgewall.org/changeset/1276
> http://www.modpython.org/pipermail/mod_python/2004-September/016452.html

Yes, we need to do some of that. But that "published" service location
needs to be defined in advance of any request. So there probably needs
to be some config value to control where the services are provided.

> Maybe one (uglier) option would be to use Django's HttpRequest object
> to read SERVER_PORT and compare this to the ports given in the kforge
> config.

Yes, that's also an option.

Thanks for the suggestions, will see what we can do.

Best wishes,

John.