[kforge-user] [bug 0.14] Upgrade issue

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Oct 4 11:03:04 UTC 2007

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Steinmetz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I upgrade kforge with :
>
> sudo easy_install --upgrade
> http://pypi.python.org/packages/2.4/k/kforge/kforge-0.14-py2.4.egg#md5=deff0e8bc0d2eec585ab84fddd2e4019
>
> This part went fine.
>
> Then I read upgrade notes and did :
>
> nicos at vds305:~/kforge$ sudo kforge-admin --config=kforge.conf upgrade db
> .
> and it fails as "psql : commmand not found" (I use mysql). So ok you say
> "WARNING: this sql has been tested on postgres only ..." but you should
> provide update script for mysql too (or say that only postgres is
> supported).

Hmm, that's not very nice..... I'm going to try to increase the quality
procedures on this project, there's been a few half-implemented things
slipping through.....

> I'm also curious why it's not 0.14 in :
>               UPDATE system SET version = '0.13';

Yes, this would be better. But nothing is depends on this value at the
moment. It's more for sanity checking, that the db and the code aren't
version mismatches. But it's not really important at the moment.

> Can you provide a fix ?

Yes, this will be sorted out in future releases. In the meantime, just
set the value by hand.

> Nicolas
>
> PS : I was surprised to see that 0.14 was released whereas it was not
> mentionned on user list (we had only expected release date from John).

Yes, it would be good to also post the notice to the list. I added this
step to the release process:

http://project.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/changeset/1232

> PPS : I'm on the way to write a PKGBUILD for ArchLinux to install kforge
> through pacman (arch's package manager)

That's very nice. (It would also be nice to have a .deb, .rpm, etc.)

Best wishes,

John.

--
Appropriate Software Foundation