[kforge-user] [0.14 enhancement] Trac configuration file

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Wed Oct 10 10:13:50 UTC 2007

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Steinmetz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some ideas about enhancement regarding Trac :
> * trac instance should not be an id but the name of the service (ie
> projet_date/<project>/trac/<service_name> instead of
> projet_date/<project>/trac/<id>

Yes, the service name can change, but we can write the new name into the
trac.ini file when it changes.

> * conf/trac.ini should be updated to the real values for the following
> variables :
> ** [header_logo] > link
> ** [project] > descr, name, url

Yes, we can write these values into the trac.ini file.

> ** in my case, it would be great to enable notifications too
> automatically :)
> * why not install Trac-Admin plugin ? So that the setting is more click
> & play ?

We could do this. We could make it an option.

> Trac configuration file management is imho a real bug, as it's really
> annoying when a user jumps to http://example.org as the value was not
> correctly set.

Yes. It looks like I'll have some time tomorrow to fix up the trac
plugin. We wanted to make it work without an SVN service. Will let you
know what happens.

Best wishes,

John.

--