[kforge-user] [0.14 enhancement] Trac configuration file

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Oct 10 12:23:25 UTC 2007

To add to John's comments:

Nicolas Steinmetz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some ideas about enhancement regarding Trac :
> * trac instance should not be an id but the name of the service (ie
> projet_date/<project>/trac/<service_name> instead of
> projet_date/<project>/trac/<id>
> * conf/trac.ini should be updated to the real values for the following
> variables :
> ** [header_logo] > link
> ** [project] > descr, name, url
> ** in my case, it would be great to enable notifications too
> automatically :)
> * why not install Trac-Admin plugin ? So that the setting is more click
> & play ?

Indeed why not: this is something the site sysadmin does (it it outside
of KForge's control). We do ensure that you the project admin has
trac-admin permissions so that when you install the plugin and enable it
(e.g. via editing trac.ini via webdav) you can get access to it.

> Trac configuration file management is imho a real bug, as it's really
> annoying when a user jumps to http://example.org as the value was not
> correctly set.

To reiterate: you can edit this file using webdav access. I agree this
is a little clunky but it is probably more future-proof than hard-coding
particular config variables into KForge (particularly if one is having
to deal with multiple different trac versions ...).

~rufus