[kforge-user] mod_wsgi / fastcgi support ?

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Oct 10 12:20:33 UTC 2007

To add to John's comments:

Nicolas Steinmetz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I know that mod_wsgi [1] is a bit young but according to its author it
> should be more performant than mod_python.

Yes I've used mod_wsgi on another project and it worked pretty well:

http://www.openeconomics.net/

> Do you plan to make kforge compliant with mod_wsgi or mod_fastcgi ?

Not at present because we use mod-python specific stuff to insert an
access control layer over the subsystem applications (subversion,
moinmoin etc etc). Given that you need mod-python for this you might as
well use it for the rest of the site (Switching to mod_wsgi or
mod_fastcgi for the main site should be pretty easy but we haven't yet
worked out how to put auth/access controller in front of the subsystem
stuff without modpython).

> AFAIK, django & trac are compatible with mod_wsgi/fastcgi. Do you see
> potential issues ?

I'm sure they are comptabile though I should say I've generally found
getting fastcgi working more of a pain than modpython.

~rufus