[kforge-user] [0.13 doc enhancement] Requirement for subversion & so on

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Sep 6 10:42:47 UTC 2007

Nicolas Steinmetz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I went throught the documentation and I have some comments.
>
>     * think it should be worth mentionning thatsvn access is made
>       through http/webdav (which means that libapache2-svn is
>       required  and that dav, dav_svn must be loaded ).
>     * for moin-moin, is the debian package moinmoin-common sufficient ?
>     * I also saw that for plugins, we mention that you have just to
>       download and install a plugin. Ok, well but where do we get them
>       ? ;-)
>     * At install level, that the python-egenix-mxdatetime module is
>       required and also the version of setuptools
>     * in the guide, we saw reference to www and dav service and we do
>       not see them in 0.13 services list. On the contrary, mailman is
>       not mentionned on kforge site.
>     * In 0.13, moinmoin is "missing" (or maybe disabled) in the
>       service list.

All very good comments, thanks a lot. We need to clean up what plugins
are supposed to work "out of the box", and which aren't. Then prepare
the path very nicely for adding and removing each plugin that we make
mention of. Then we need to remove any mention of plugins that we aren't
really supporting, because broken plugins spoils things:
http://project.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/ticket/50

But the dependencies should all be listed:
http://project.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/ticket/49

> I thnk that's all so far.

Very cool. Bye for now,

John.

> Nicolas

PS I created this ticket for your virtual host suggestion:
http://project.knowledgeforge.net/kforge/trac/ticket/48