[kforge-user] Installation issue

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Wed Sep 19 14:54:59 UTC 2007

Capelle Maxime wrote:

>> I would suggest you to delete the folder or drop the database in which
>> you want to install your kforge instance. Maybe it comes from here...
> If
>> part of the files or the db is installed, it may explain why you have
>> such an error.
>
> Do you mean that I don't need to configure postgreSQL before installing
> KForge?
>
> Indeed I have created an user and a database called kforge in my
> postgreSLQ server. For the moment I can't drop this database.
>
> Did I make a mistake by creating this database and this user?

Not at all. It is just that due the earlier error the initialisation of
the database halted halfway through. To fix this I suggest you do:

$ sudo kforge-admin --config=/home/toto/kforge.conf db rebuild

This will first drop your database, then create it and then initialise it.

(warning: this will require the kforge user you created earlier to have
permissions to drop and create databases. If this is not the case -- for
example only your postgres user can do this then you will have to log in
as that user to drop and then create the database. After than just rerun
the init command).

~rufus