[kforge-user] kforge status ?

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Feb 21 11:12:38 UTC 2008

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Steinmetz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What is the status of kforge ?

Without enough development resources! :-) There was a grant application
which didn't come through. And Rufus and I have both been quite busy
starting new jobs. But we never stop thinking about KForge! :-)

> The 1.0 was expected for end 2007 if I remember well with a 0.15 in
> october or november.

Yes, you remember rightly.

> By looking at trac timeline there is not a lot of activity on the
> project for a long time. kforge-dev list shows commits on domainmodel
> but nothing on kforge.

Yes, domainmodel is used by a number of other applications. One is
ScanBooker, and that's where I've been spending most of my time recently.

> At my level, I came back to manual trac installation as I switched to
> mod_wsgi (instead of mod_python) and mercurial (instead of svn).

That's great. Thanks for letting us know.

Thanks again for all your feedback. We will work through the issues as
soon as we can.

All best wishes,

John.