[kforge-user] Error installing KForge on Ubuntu 9.04

John yorixz at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 17:06:44 UTC 2009

Hi there,

I'm trying to install the latest stable KForge build on my Ubuntu 9.04
server, I've been following the KForge install guide, which worked fine
until step 4.3 (the manual stp by step instructions).

Once I enter "sudo easy_install kforge", the following error comes up:
Best match: egenix-mx-base 3.1.2
Downloading http://downloads.egenix.com/python/egenix-mx-base-3.1.2.tar.gz
Processing egenix-mx-base-3.1.2.tar.gz
Running egenix-mx-base-3.1.2/setup.py -q bdist_egg --dist-dir
/tmp/easy_install-4PaH6Y/egenix-mx-base-3.1.2/egg-dist-tmp-CDfJmo
Warning: Can't read registry to find the necessary compiler setting
Make sure that Python modules _winreg, win32api or win32con are installed.
unable to execute gcc: No such file or directory
unable to execute gcc: No such file or directory
unable to execute gcc: No such file or directory
could not find optional library 'm' -- omitting it
unable to execute gcc: No such file or directory
error: Setup script exited with error: command 'gcc' failed with exit status
1

I'd love to hear any ideas on how to solve this error so I can finally start
playing with KForge!

Thanks in advance,
John