[kforge-user] Error installing KForge on Ubuntu 9.04

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Fri Nov 13 19:01:02 UTC 2009

Hi John,

No, there is no argument to state the OS. I agree that it's peculiar for
the egenix-mx-base to complain about win- stuff. It appears always to do
that, but the build should still work.

You could avoid building the package by installing the
python-egenix-mxdatetime Ubuntu module, so it's available in site packages.

sudo apt-get python-egenix-mxdatetime

In this case, if you are using virtualenv you will need to avoid setting
the --no-site-packages option. If you are using the kforge-virtualenv
installer make sure you set the --use-site-packages option.

Let us know how it goes?

Best wishes,

John.