[kforge-user] Error installing KForge on Ubuntu 9.04

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Fri Nov 13 19:56:56 UTC 2009

Hi John,

Are you running the installer as the Apache user? If so, try installing
instead as a normal user, and importantly in a directory outside of the
public directories (probably /var/www/kforge isn't the best place)?

The first thing is to sort out the mx.DateTime module, it should really
build.

After this, we can try to identify the kforge-makeconfig error. But it
looks like it mostly worked. Try activating the virtual environment,
then try running kforge-makeconfig directly, and let us know what the
error is?

Best wishes,

John.