[kforge-user] Requesting to Join a Project in KForge

Eitan Marder-Eppstein eitan at willowgarage.com
Wed Dec 15 23:46:51 UTC 2010

Hey there,

I'm looking at using KForge as an alternative to something like FusionForge
or GForge and, so far, really like it. Things are just a lot
simpler/cleaner. I do, however, have a question that I hope someone on this
list might be able to answer. I should also say that I'm using KForge
version 0.18.

I'm wondering whether there is a way to be notified as a project
administrator when someone wants to join your project. I poked around a bit
and couldn't seem to find any sort of "Request to Join" button like I'm used
to seeing on the other Forges. I did find a "Join Project" link at the top
of the home page for a user, but as far as I can tell, it just takes you to
the project list. Am I just overlooking something or is there no way to
request to join a project?

If the feature doesn't exist, I suppose I could write a service plugin to
add it... or perhaps one exists already?

Thanks much and hope all is well,

Eitan