[kforge-user] Trac setup

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Thu Jul 1 23:56:43 UTC 2010

Rufus Pollock wrote:
> On 1 July 2010 01:46, Jack Alves <jack.alves at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Trac was setup on our project, http://knowledgeforge.net/project/bkn/. The
>> default  setup doesn't seem to have notifications turned on. I see that Trac
>> uses trac.ini for configuration but it isn't clear where the file is for my
>> project.
>
> It's on the server hard disk -- which as a knowledgeforge user you not
> have direct access to. (If you were running your own instance of
> KForge you obviously would have access). We'll try and install a
> plugin that lets you edit the ini file:
>
> <http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/IniAdminPlugin>
>
> You could try doing this yourself via the plugin section of the trac
> web admin. (knowledgeforge.net is running trac 0.11)

Also, the trac.ini file can be edited directly once a DAV service has
been created on the project.

>> Also, the trac service page for our project
>>
>> http://knowledgeforge.net/project/bkn/services/tracker/
>>
>> still reports,

> It does but the message is incorrect as I have now set the service up
> for you ...

I would expect it to say "Configuration created." and in the first 24
hours, " You may need to wait for the server to restart."

But if it's not satisfactory, let's look again at the service status
messages?

Best wishes,

John.