[kforge-user] Unable to create new projects / services

John Bywater john.bywater at appropriatesoftware.net
Tue Jun 22 09:26:03 UTC 2010

Hi Ty,

tyju tiui wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for your response.
> I followed your suggestions and unfortunately it didn't seem to help.
>
> I have more detailed info in the logs now but still no errors - everything appears to be working correctly when I examine the logs.
> Here is a link to my /opt/kforge/var/log/kforge.log file during svn creation: http://jckdnk111.pastebin.com/WEy2hxVF
>
> I am still getting a white screen when I click on the "create the service" button while trying to add a subversion repository.
>
> Any other ideas?

Yes, two more ideas:

1. It might be a version issue, for example with Django. So if you've
got the latest Django, you might try downgrading Django to the 1.0
series? However....

2. You could try upgrading to v0.18 of KForge (which hasn't been
released simply because there are a few minor improvements to the
installation routine that I wanted to do). However, it has been running
in production on a few sites, and there won't be any significant changes
to the system.

So you could try deploying KForge 0.18 using the KForge virtualenv
script, and use the following options:

--domainmodel-requirement-or-url=http://appropriatesoftware.net/provide/docs/domainmodel-0.8.tar.gz
--install-requirement-or-url=http://appropriatesoftware.net/provide/docs/kforge-0.18.tar.gz

Just follow the instructions on this page:
"1. Deploy KForge using the KForge virtualenv script."
http://www.kforgeproject.com/doc/install/

To be cautious, you could firstly try installing KForge 0.18 without
data migration:

$ ./kforge-virtualenv --service-name MyForge                        \
--domainmodel-requirement-or-url              \
http://appropriatesoftware.net/provide/docs/domainmodel-0.8.tar.gz \
--install-requirement-or-url                                       \
http://appropriatesoftware.net/provide/docs/kforge-0.18.tar.gz     \
NEWKFORGE_DIR

You'll need to configure and restart Apache. (Warning: sometimes there
have been issues with access to Python egg cache.)

If you can create new projects, then remove the installation:

$ rm -rf NEWKFORGE_DIR

Then try deploying with dump file and project data dir:

$ ./kforge-virtualenv --dump-file DUMPPATH --db-user DBUSER        \
--db-pass DBPASS --db-name NEWDBNAME --project-data-dir            \
/path/to/kforgedata --service-name MyForge                         \
--domainmodel-requirement-or-url                                   \
http://appropriatesoftware.net/provide/docs/domainmodel-0.8.tar.gz \
--install-requirement-or-url                                       \
http://appropriatesoftware.net/provide/docs/kforge-0.18.tar.gz     \
NEWKFORGE_DIR

You'll need to configure and restart Apache. Can you now see old
projects and create new ones?

Let us know how you get on?

Best wishes,

John.