[knowledgeforge-user] Please help: MoinMoin corrupted just after installation, and empty service name issue.

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Tue Aug 7 11:44:58 UTC 2007

Daniel Weck wrote:
[snip]
> On 8/7/07, *Rufus Pollock* <rufus.pollock at okfn.org
> <mailto:rufus.pollock at okfn.org>> wrote:
>
>     Yes, thanks for this info Daniel. This issue has just arisen in the last
>     week due to the upgrade of the moinmoin on the server (so not directly
>     due to KForge). We are working to resolve this and should have fixed
>     very soon (this will include fixing your wiki installation).
>

> That's really great !

This is now fixed.

>     Yes, this a bug we have encountered once before :) I have fixed this for
>     the time being for you by renaming the service to 'www'.
>

> Ok, thank you.
> How do I access the webspace on the server to upload files ? FTP ?

Webdav. If you enable dav by creating a dav service (named dav I
suggest) you can then upload files to the webspace.

> Is there support for PHP and MySQL, and Perl via CGI ?

There is currently no support for creating mysql databases for a given
project. PHP should 'just work' if you upload them to your www directory
(using the dav facility) as the server supports processing php files by
extension alone. Regarding Perl and CGI the KnowledgeForge service does
not support this -- in general there is no support for CGI type stuff
for KnowledgeForge projects.

> I there an SSH access I can use to administrate my account ? (for things
> that the web-interface does not allow me to do)

No, there is no ssh access (for security reasons).

~rufus