[knowledgeforge-user] Issues with svn and knowledgeforge

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Dec 18 11:26:04 UTC 2008

Dear Julian,

Sorry for delay in responding which resulted from my investigating this further.

I had already been encountering similar error on one particular
machine on which there are svn checkouts but had thought it was an
issue with that machine. What I know so far from my own experiences:

1. As you say it seems only to related to adding files not committing
changes to existing files.

2. Looking at the server logs I see errors like:

(2)No such file or directory: Multi-author commits not supported.  [501, #0]

3. This error does *not* occur on all client machines.

Extensive googling re. 2 has not turned up any very useful info.
However, one thing I would note is that the machines where I have
issues is running svn client 1.5.1 while the server is running svn
v1.4.2. Perhaps there is a problem here ...

This is clearly very annoying but at the present I don't know what to
suggest other than to check your svn client and perhaps downgrade. Any
better suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Rufus