[knowledgeforge-user] OKF server down

Jonathan Gray jonathan.gray at okfn.org
Thu Oct 29 22:15:32 UTC 2009

Dear all,

You may have noticed that some of the OKF's site, lists and services
have been down in the last day. Unfortunately one of our main servers
(which included our blog, mailing lists and KnowledgeForge among other
things) was taken offline last night. We had not received notification
of this from the host, and they were very unhelpful in giving us
access to the machine. After some late night wrangling late last night
and throughout the day today, we've now put many of the services back
online from backups, and are currently restoring the rest via a full
image of the server.

We are very sorry for any inconvenience caused to anyone who's been
unable to access KnowledgeForge during the last 24 hours - and to
anyone who may have sent any emails to OKF lists. If you sent email to
the lists and they do not show up in the archives, we'd kindly request
you to send them again!

Finally - a big thank you to John Bywater, James Casbon and Rufus for
all their hard work on getting us back online!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please let us know.

Warm regards,

--
Jonathan Gray

Community Coordinator