[MyData & Open Data] who's working on ethics, privacy and responsible data

stef s at ctrlc.hu
Thu Dec 19 10:50:47 UTC 2013

howdy,

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 11:20:45AM +0100, Christopher Wilson wrote:
> There's so much work and interest emerging around these issues, so we're
> trying to get an overview of who's doing what.

the irony? of putting privacy advocacy in public databases. in the best
european dataprotection manner can i ask what is the purpose of your
dataprocessing? can you show that this data processing is proportional and
necessary? why don't you instead do such list of the bad guys and make their
life more transparent and accountable - i hope none of them are funders of
your fine org.

> <https://www.theengineroom.org/responsible-data-concepts-and-resources/>
> that shares a conceptual framework we're hashing out for thinking about
> responsible data, plus a preliminary mapping of resources that could be

why do we need another meme? why is "privacy/private data" not good enough?
who came up with this new term and what is his agenda and who are his funders?

"Disentangling ideas like privacy, anonymity and re-identification" - why
would you disentangle this, if not for the erosion of the concept they form
together - divide et impera?

sorry for being cautious,

pgp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/stef.gpg
pgp fp: FD52 DABD 5224 7F9C 63C6  3C12 FC97 D29F CA05 57EF
otr fp: https://www.ctrlc.hu/~stef/otr.txt